Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
GoLaser specializes in safe and effective laser hair removal services in the GTA. We are opening July 2022 at 1170 Eglinton Ave W. We have multiple locations slated to open in 2023 & 2024!
We are open every day of the week! Monday - Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday - Sunday 9am-5pm by appointment.
The GoLaser Guarantee offers all GoLaser members a period of unlimited treatments to get you hair free + touch ups for life. We have your maintenance covered forever!
YES! While there are many temporary ways to rid yourself of unwanted hair, laser (not IPL!) is the safest and most permanent, sustainable, cost effective solution. This is the ONLY thing we do and we are damn good at it!
No form of hair removal is 100% permanent however laser is THE most effective way of minimizing unwanted hair and hassle. While you should expect 70-90% hair reduction, many of our clients see up to 95+%. Goodbye fuzz!
You won’t fully understand until you see the results - then you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner! With our GoLaser Guarantee , you will never need to worry about paying more to get rid of your hair.
Timing depends on the body area you are getting treated but underarms or an upper lip can be done in less than 10 minutes!
Trust us - you want a consultation! Consultations are quick, simple and here for your benefit. We want to make you feel the most comfortable and excited to come in to get your treatment!
Consultations also give us a chance to get to know you, what areas you want treatment on, your background and medical history so we know the best method for treating your unique hair and skin type.
There biggest side effect you'll notice is that your hair will be gone! But that’s intentional 😉.
Aside from that, temporary redness and a bit of sensitivity may occur depending on your individual skin type but that is totally normal. In an effort to keep you and your unique, beautiful skin as safe as possible, we ask you to (a) keep us informed of any medications you may be on or other treatments that may affect your skin. (b) insist on doing a test patch. Many other clinics dismiss test patches, however, it is irresponsible to do so considering each person's skin is completely different. At GoLaser we feel it is our responsibility to take the utmost care of your skin and your trust. We know that you will feel so much more confident going into a full laser treatment once you know that your test patch has gone well!
Yes! At GoLaser, we offer the same pricing and incredible GoLaser Guarantee, regardless of gender, age, and size.
Let's put it this way, it's way less painful than waxing! Especially since our laser has a special cooling tip to minimize any discomfort you may feel. With that said, we all know there are always areas more sensitive than others (cough bikini cough brazillian cough).
How do we put this lightly.... Nope. Not if you’re looking for any kind of long term results. There’s a reason we have certified technicians operating our state of the art lasers. That kind of laser power can’t be sold to untrained people. Moreover, at-home devices are more time consuming, more painful due to lack of a cooling mist, and produce inferior results. Many people had their hair grow back after a few weeks using at home solutions. If you’re going to do laser, you gotta GoLaser the right way.
Simply put, it costs way less than a lifetime of waxing! Over the course of your life, laser is a much more cost efficient solution than waxing or shaving and will also save you lots of time.
[Contact us HERE for a free consultation to discover how much it will cost to get the hair-freedom you deserve]
Of course! We offer a variety of payment plans. [Contact us HERE for a free consultation to learn more]
We use the safest laser on the market and all treatments are performed by highly trained technicians. We take every necessary precaution to ensure treatments are safe and effective - that includes providing you with protective eyewear and asking questions related to your skin history. The treatment itself is simple and fast with virtually no downtime which means you can go right back to work, applying makeup or working out after your session. We do advise that you follow our pre and post treatment guidelines to ensure the best possible results.
Safety comes first for us at GoLaser which is why we do not offer laser treatments while you are pregnant or nursing. During these times, your body is undergoing many hormonal changes and such changes could lead to ineffective treatments and we definitely don’t want that! We will be here to treat you later on after pregnancy once your doctor says you’re good to go and you feel ready. In the meantime you can send your significant other to test us out ;)
1. Shave the 24 hours before your treatment.
2. No waxing or plucking at least 4 weeks before your appointment.
3. Stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks before your treatment. Your skin is SO important to us that it is our policy for your safety never to treat skin that is tanned (sun or sunless). These are the primary pre-care instructions. We will always send you an email with everything you need to know prior to any treatment.
4-6 weeks for the face or 6-8 weeks for the body is the optimal amount of time between treatments for the best results.
You can shave between sessions, we actually need you to shave the day before your next session. You should not wax between sessions though. This will disrupt your laser process and progress. Even though your treatments are unlimited with our GoLaser Guarantee, we hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but we hope we never see you again! Unless it’s to share how much better your hair free, wax free, razor free life has been!! We do love staying in touch for that :)
At GoLaser - YES! Our laser works on ALL skin tones. It precisely targets the hair follicle to eliminate the hair at the root without damaging your skin. We are proud and excited to be able to service all skin tones from the lightest to the darkest at GoLaser.
However, unfortunately some places that advertise laser hair removal services are really using IPL or Intense Pulsed Light technology—the outdated technology found in most common at-home hair removal devices. This is not a “real laser” and should NOT be used on darker skin tones! In addition to inferior results, for people of color it can lead to painful burns and complications.
Our lasers are typically able to treat these hair colours, but we can determine that most confidently if you come in for a free consultation.
If we feel your hair will be too light to treat we will let you know right away as our first priority is your satisfaction. With our GoLaser Guarantee , if we can’t deliver results, we never charge you!
• Blondes: our treatments work on most people with blonde hair as long as the hair is not“bleach blonde” or “platinum” blonde.
• Reds: our treatments work on most red hair so long as there is some pigment for the laser to capture.
• Greys: we will need to see your hair to determine how much pigment is left for the laser to target. This can be determined during your consultation!
The short answer - no. Sorry! We recommend no prolonged UV exposure or self tanner 5-7 days prior to laser services to ensure you get the best results. Throughout your treatment plan, we recommend that you wear SPF 45 sunscreen or higher on the treatment area.
You sure can! Just know that we will have to laser around the tattoo leaving approximately 2 inches surrounding it. Please tell your laser technician about any tattoos or permanent makeup you have.
Yes! We will work around it.
Yes! Just let your laser technician know. You may also be more sensitive during this time of the month so it’s possible the treatment may feel slightly more painful than usual.
Most diabetics can get laser, but treatments may be more painful due to sensitive nerve endings. Our best advice is to ask your doctor first.
Every individual is different, but let’s put it this way, laser is the solution with the lowest chance of causing any ingrowns. In fact, many people choose laser in order to help with their ingrown hair. As long as you are in good health and provide honest answers to all of the questions our laser technician asks prior to treatment, you should not experience any
complications. Our technicians are the best and our lasers are VERY smart and cater to your exact skin type but that is all based on the information you provide to us. We rather you overshare than undershare - there’s no such thing as TMI (too much information) with us!
• Avoid extended UV exposure for 2 weeks after treatment
• Slather your treated area in some good sunscreen! We recommend SPF 45 or higher
• Gently exfoliate 48 hours after your treatment
• Do not wax, tweeze, thread or anything else between treatments!
• Don’t use any products on ingrown hairs you may have, simply do a gentle exfoliation
1. There may be mild heat or redness, similar to a sunburn, or some itchiness in the area that was treated - this is totally normal! Feel free to use a cold compress or soothing gels such as aloe vera or hydrocortisone cream on the area.
2. For the first 24 hours avoid: shaving, waxing, plucking, scratching, exfoliating, excessive sweating, hot showers, saunas or swimming
3. Stay out of the sun for a minimum of 2 weeks and always use sunscreen!
4. Gently exfoliate about 4-5 days post-treatment to help the hairs shed
We recommend you space out your treatments as evenly as possible for best results, but we also understand that life happens! In this case, we’d recommend you wait until after your vacation so the laser can target the hair effectively which is harder to do when treatments are too close together. Remember to give yourself a little extra time for your beautiful vacation tan to fade away before booking in your next session.
It is our goal to make you feel as comfortable as possible at all times starting from the moment you walk through our doors. We know that everyone has different modesty standards—whether they stem from religious beliefs or simply from personal choice—and we never want you to feel like you have to choose between being modest and being hairy. Here are the ways we are able to respect and protect your modesty:
• Private Consultations: During your consultation, you’ll have the opportunity to have all of your laser hair removal questions answered in a one-on-one setting with a laser hair removal expert.
• Female Providers: We have highly-trained female laser technicians at every location.
• Staying Covered: For many body areas, you can stay fully clothed during your treatment and only have the area being treated showing. Areas like the upper lip, chin, underarms, lower legs, and arms, can all be done without needing to undress or reveal any other parts of your body.
• Treatment Robes: If you need to remove any clothing for your treatment, we can provide you with a robe (or you are welcome to bring your own) to help keep the rest of your body covered. While you are changing, no one else is in the room, and the treatment provider will knock to request permission to enter once you have put the robe on and are on the treatment table.